“E.P. Simpson began construction of the pond and Haddock Inn in 1898.”

The Inn had 58 rooms, veranda and a view of Toccoa Falls, it was a tourist destination for many in Atlanta and surrounding areas.

E.P. Simpson sold the inn, Toccoa Falls and 100 acres to Dr. R. A. Forrest for $25,000 in 1911 and Toccoa Falls Institute was started.

The Inn burned to the ground in 1913. Looking across this pond, it is very easy to visualize the grand Inn and the history that was there.

By | 2013-11-10T22:27:56+00:00 November 10th, 2013|All, The City Toccoa|0 Comments